Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Theme and Theme Variety
A dark theme is required, and add some variety to the number of options among themes for people to choose from.
Living through that reality made me wonder; does Friendship truly exist? Is Loyalty just an unreachable ideal?
I will look into a dark theme sometime today, hopefully.

I will note that while I encourage using the full extent of this forum's customization features, themes are a bit of a pain (they require a lot of code edits in the .css files, at least one edit for every little thing being changed). So I'm not sure how many we'll ultimately have, and we'll probably develop them more over time.

Once dark mode is completed that will put us at three themes, which should be a solid start before going public. Thank you for the suggestion.
Consul | Founder | Forum Administrator | CCE | EOS
[Image: r2pNS3F.png] @cubicshyr

█ █  
(09-12-2022, 03:59 PM)Quebecshire Wrote: I will look into a dark theme sometime today, hopefully.

I will note that while I encourage using the full extent of this forum's customization features, themes are a bit of a pain (they require a lot of code edits in the .css files, at least one edit for every little thing being changed). So I'm not sure how many we'll ultimately have, and we'll probably develop them more over time.

Once dark mode is completed that will put us at three themes, which should be a solid start before going public. Thank you for the suggestion.

Alright, take your time.
Living through that reality made me wonder; does Friendship truly exist? Is Loyalty just an unreachable ideal?
Just so people are aware, dark theme is already present in MyBB- It just overwrites *all* of the existing regional theme. You can change to the dark theme by clicking User CP in the top right hand corner of the screen, then Edit Options under Your Profile, and checking the bottom right hand corner for Board Style.
[Image: KftGB4L.png]
████ Department of Culture Council Delegate  Propaganda Officer  
[Image: r2pNS3F.png] Martlet#2766
Yes, that's the theme I imported.

█ █  
[Image: tRWF9iU.png]
That is what quotes look like in the dark theme, which seems less than ideal Tongue

Edit: code boxes look the same way.
*sigh*

I'll fix that once I'm done with some integration stuff.

█ █  
Y'know, I knew about that problem the day it was imported, but I didn't report it because I thought it was just me
This should be fixed for both quote and code blocks, let me know if there is a further issue.
(09-17-2022, 05:15 PM)Zloveshchiy Wrote: Y'know, I knew about that problem the day it was imported, but I didn't report it because I thought it was just me
Eh, not a big deal either way, but when in doubt you may as well report it. Worst case scenario I tell you it's fine and that's it.

█ █  
(09-17-2022, 05:16 PM)Quebecshire Wrote: This should be fixed for both quote and code blocks, let me know if there is a further issue.
(09-17-2022, 05:15 PM)Zloveshchiy Wrote: Y'know, I knew about that problem the day it was imported, but I didn't report it because I thought it was just me
Eh, not a big deal either way, but when in doubt you may as well report it. Worst case scenario I tell you it's fine and that's it.

Okay