Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inaugural Speech
[Image: QHclgrG.png]
I am deeply honored to have been offered the position of Consul today.
Looking backwards, this League of ours has been growing since my arrival, and while anxiety provoking at times, I’m both proud and surprised that we’ve managed to come so far. Looking back at our earlier contemporaries at present is to stare into a graveyard, with each plot filled with those who failed to adapt to the material conditions of NationStates.
This world is chaotic, and there is often an infantile notion that things would simply be better if we could retreat into the normalcy of the past. But having lived through it, that normalcy never existed- At least, not beyond the worlds of abstraction that inevitably arise when people write about history. The normal we have right now in The League is a result of over a half decade of choices and decisions made in early times.
But I also believe that it would be a dire mistake to think that we’re the best region that we can be- That we’ve reached the end of League history. History has a way of not ending, even when people think it would be convenient. Too many organizations have sat on existing laurels until they become irrelevant.
We, The League and Concord, cannot go backwards and we cannot stay in place. We will face new problems, be forced to change, and every mark of wear and strain will be a testament to an organization living up to the ideals of its foundation. As Consul, that ideology, and that reality, will be guiding me.
Vive La League.
Delegate of Concord
&
Armchair Lizard
Congratulations Spode! I believe that you'll be more than capable to fill Paleo's shoes and then some.