Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constitution proposal
I made this package of bills as a sort of counter-proposal to the amendments proposed by Quebec on Discord. I know it all looks completely different, but the majority of the region is functionally exactly the same. I tried to patch up as many holes as possible, and I changed the structure of the government. I got rid of the separation of powers and put everything in one de jure bicameral legislature (Council on the bottom, Consulate on top), but it doesn't operate like a bicameral legislature at all. Only one vote takes place, and both houses vote at the same time. The way the Consulate exercises their veto is different as well; instead of just saying "this bill is vetoed," a majority of Consuls must vote against a bill for it to be vetoed.

Some other minor changes include a set of directions on how to move bills from debate to voting, and instructions on how to hold votes. I also introduced a Clerk position for the Council, which was notably missing from Quebec's proposal. I changed TRA to the "Department of Roleplay" because the way TRA is structured is reminiscent of the LCN rather than The League. I removed the Consulate power to unilaterally make changes to the Constitution. I also included instructions on how to allow new regions to enter if we decide to ever do that in the future. This way, we don't have to edit all of our laws.

I like the formatting, but I'm not super attached so if it becomes a problem I'll change it. I'm just not a fan of the current way we format our laws, and I'd rather type out Article x.x when citing our laws instead of Article x Section x.x, which is a mouthful. Still, fine with changing it.

The three bills that make up the package are available for comment here. Feel free to leave all your comments on this thread too. Questions are good too- everything is here for a reason and I'd like you to know that reason before deciding you don't like it.