Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruitment Program Ideas
Hello everyone in general and our recruiters specifically, (anyone can reply but I'm pinging the recruiters specifically)

This month in the recruitment program has been wildly successful. As it stands, we have 20 recruiters who have done an hour or more, and a number that have done amounts much higher, hailing from both The League and Concord. This has exceeded our expectations and you all have done an incredible amount of work.

NationStates as a site overall is struggling right now, our growth is the exception, not the rule. As such as want to maintain and build off that growth to avoid stagnation or decline. So this thread is to discuss ways to overall improve the recruitment program.

As you're aware, the top three recruiters, and the overall top recruiter gain certain perks and prizes. If you need a refresher, the guides are linked here (TL - Concord). I want to re-adjust this to be more fair and meet what we've accomplished. One idea I had to get the ball rolling on discussion was to make Legendary Cards be a prize for the top 1/3 of recruiters, instead of the top three. This way it's proportional to how many recruiters we have in a given month. Thoughts?

Additionally, I want to hear from all of you. How can we make the program better? What can we do that will make you recruit more/be more interested, or to get new people involved? I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Note: Prizes/perks can't include real money or things with real cash value, per NationStates rules.
Consul | Founder | Forum Administrator | CCE | EOS
[Image: r2pNS3F.png] @cubicshyr

█ █  
Thoughts on prizes. Hmmm.....

We could make top recruiters a special role as a regional officer and in the discord. Maybe host a special event for them to celebrate their accomplishments? I'm not sure what else we could offer.
As to making the program better, there are sometimes glitches with the bot. Making it so that we can get them fixed right away or fix them ourselves could streamline things.
The regional officer thing is cool. What about setting their flag as the server banner for a little bit? Since we have that as a boost feature.

As for bot stuff Luca is fairly quick on that. What did you think of my top 3 -> top 1/3 idea?

█ █  
I like the top 3 to top 1/3 idea, gives a wider playing field and more chances for people to win. Otherwise you just get the 3 people who can devote hundreds of hours to it winning, and nobody else gets a chance/opportunity to win.
Your resident TRA Advisor
It would be nice to have a specific roll for concord and TL recruiters so that you wouldn't ping all recruiters when a channel is open.
I think there is a reasonable consensus for the top 3 rewards being broadened to the top 1/3 of recruiters. I will speak with @ New makasta to confirm its viability (i.e. that we have the cards to fund it) and pending that being all well and good, it will be implemented for the start of the next month of the program on the 21st.

@Akvarelusus the Great, I like that idea. It should be fairly easy for me to implement, and I will hopefully do it today. I will keep a general "Recruiter" role for two reasons (1: the bot needs a recruiter role to access the commands and 2: to ping for updates that apply to the broader program) but will make two pingable roles for TL and Concord to ping about open channels. Thank you for the suggestion!

█ █  
Personally, I don't have any ideas at the moment, but the ideas suggested by the others seem good, like the specific recruiter role.
Living through that reality made me wonder; does Friendship truly exist? Is Loyalty just an unreachable ideal?
I don’t know if this is even doable, but it would be nice to have 2 channels for each region running at the same time. I feel a lot of times that when I can do it, someone else is already doing it.
LDF Colonel | Premier of Concord | TRA Moderator 
Main Nation: Anjan Kloss
Discord: CHS Storm Tracker#3991
█ █ █ █  █ 
█ █ 
(09-16-2022, 02:22 AM)CHSStormTracker Wrote: I don’t know if this is even doable, but it would be nice to have 2 channels for each region running at the same time. I feel a lot of times that when I can do it, someone else is already doing it.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for more recruiting flexibility just as we appreciate the work everyone has put in... but...

Unfortunately, this is not doable. Nations can only get a recruitment telegram from a given region once every 28 days, otherwise any further telegrams will be marked as "Previous Recruitment too Recent" and not arrive. Since anyone doing recruitment will cover all new nations for their region unless nation creation is going ridiculously fast, it would just lead to people overlapping. It technically wouldn't cause a problem, but it would be two people putting in work and not doing any more than if one person would which isn't super practical.

That said, if you want to broaden your recruitment options, I can help you set up so you're capable of recruiting for The League in addition to Concord, and can choose whichever one is open when you want to do it.

█ █  
(09-16-2022, 03:18 AM)Quebecshire Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 02:22 AM)CHSStormTracker Wrote: I don’t know if this is even doable, but it would be nice to have 2 channels for each region running at the same time. I feel a lot of times that when I can do it, someone else is already doing it.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for more recruiting flexibility just as we appreciate the work everyone has put in... but...

Unfortunately, this is not doable. Nations can only get a recruitment telegram from a given region once every 28 days, otherwise any further telegrams will be marked as "Previous Recruitment too Recent" and not arrive. Since anyone doing recruitment will cover all new nations for their region unless nation creation is going ridiculously fast, it would just lead to people overlapping. It technically wouldn't cause a problem, but it would be two people putting in work and not doing any more than if one person would which isn't super practical.

That said, if you want to broaden your recruitment options, I can help you set up so you're capable of recruiting for The League in addition to Concord, and can choose whichever one is open when you want to do it.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Sure! I’d be happy to help!
LDF Colonel | Premier of Concord | TRA Moderator 
Main Nation: Anjan Kloss
Discord: CHS Storm Tracker#3991
█ █ █ █  █ 
█ █